The chair designed the Swiss designer Gian Franco Legler was designed in 1951 for the restaurant "the basket" in Italy. This comfortable stackable chair received the "good design award" from the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York in 1953. Read the story..
- Do not stand on chairs.
- Do not place any heavy or sharp objects on chairs.
- Do not knock or rub chairs against walls, tables or surfaces that may damage the weaving.
- Do not place wet objects on chairs.
- Do not use rattan chairs outdoors or in damp, wet area’s such as bathrooms.
- Occasionally clean chairs with a soft lint free cloth or duster.
- Spills can be removed with a damp soft sponge or lint free cloth that has been soaked in warm water. Do not use excessive amounts of water and ensure rattan is dry before re-use.
- Do not use scourers or harsh detergents as these may damage the coatings.
- Check and replace plastic feet if necessary.